Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Day Cafe Ride 2009

On New Years Day I trekked to the big city and met for the first time Jon Grinder.


We were to meet at Kaladi Bro. coffee with a planned ride time of 9:30. Well... that wasn't how it worked. The conversation revolved around bikes of course and for a good part of the time the problem of how many was discussed.

There was talk of you really only need one bike. (yea right!) or every time I think of selling one I'll ride it and change my mind. (not me) Or I could get rid of all except this one or maybe that one... Any way, this went on until 10:30ish so that when we actually began I requested that I be pointed in the direction of the coffee shop in time to get me to a family get together at noon.

The group graciously obliged by modifying the route so that there would be the absolute maximum of hills available. So we lit out on a nice even trip through Washington Park then along the Cherry Creek and Platt River paths we then turned east toward a solid wall of climbing. (I kid... sort of)



It really was great to finally meet Jon and to to put a "bone bag" to the face you see in cyberspace. As well as to interact with other bike geeks like (or worse) than myself.

Carl

1 comment:

Jon said...

That's the problem with having the bike paths along creek/river drainages: Everywhere else in town is uphill from where you are riding.

I was very happy that you showed up. Maybe you can make my Birthday Ride in May. I'll be 48, so that will be the minimum mileage. maybe we'll find some "real" hills!